Picosecond laser pulses have been shown to remove tattoos more completely and in fewer treatment sessions than alternative laser treatments available. This advance new laser technology uses multiple wavelengths, meaning it can treat all skin types and all tattoo colours effectively
Almost anywhere on the body where the patient has a tattoo. It is also gentle enough to be used on the face. This laser treatment is suitable for almost all types of skin. It also helps remove age spots, freckles, fine lines, and wrinkles. People who have sun damage and acne scars also benefit from treatments.
Patients compare the procedure with a rubber band being snapped against their skin. Topical or local anaesthetics can be applied to minimise any discomfort.
A treatment session lasts 15 minutes. There is no downtime associated with the treatment. Patients can return to regular activities immediately.
Preparation should be embarked upon four weeks prior to treatment:
- Stop Aspirin use
- Stop use of oral Retinols ie Accutane
- Stop medication which may cause skin sensitivity
- If you get cold sores obtain a treatment prescription
- Stop skin waxing the treatment area
- Stop abrasive scrubs
- Avoid sun exposure
- Stop microdermabrasion treatments
- Eat less food 1-2 hours before treatment
- Wear loose clothes around the treatment area
- Heat sensation is expected and will last approximately 1 hour
- 3 to 10 days’ post-treatment you may have slightly darkening of the skin which will recover without intervention
- Avoid sun exposure between treatments. If you anticipate sun exposure, apply SPF 30+ to protect the area
- Clean treatment area with water and soap, and don’t try to soak
- Don’t use any makeup on the healing area
- Use lotion to keep the area hydrated
- Seek urgent medical attention if you have any problems.
The laser system uses non-thermal picosecond lasers which protect the surrounding tissue. The broken down ink particles are harmlessly absorbed into the blood and passed out of the body.
Tattoo ink is deposited deep in the skin, so multiple treatment sessions may be required. The number of treatments can vary depending on the size, composition, depth and ink colour of your tattoo. Excellent results can be achieved in just two sessions.
In most cases, the tattoo will completely disappear after the course of treatment, however, it is important to know that some ink colours are more difficult to clear than others, so results can vary. The likely outcome will be discussed at an initial consultation
Most patients experience slight bruising, redness, hyperpigmentation or swelling immediately following the procedure. These side effects are temporary.
“Picosecond laser pulses have been shown to remove tattoos more completely and in fewer treatment sessions than alternative laser treatments available. This advanced new laser technology uses multiple wavelengths, meaning it can treat all skin types and all tattoo colours effectively.”Meet our Experts